Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Studio

This is where I create!  It is a small space but very functional.  It measures about 8x18 ft, well lit, with enough wall space to hang finished paintings and paintings in progress.  I have a separate work table for working on my laptop, reviewing photos, sketching, and finishing picture frames.  A glass-topped table serves as my pallette.  My wife made the lovely burnt orange curtains for a touch of color.  I installed a wall unit air-conditioner and heat it with a space heater.  A few years ago, I insulated this space and hung plywood.  Recently, I finally finished the room by chaulking, trimming, and painting.  Before, the room also doubled as a storage room (all of that junk went into the shed).  It was time to devote this space exclusively to my art-making.  Well, I did leave the bike helmets hanging in there, a reminder to get out and enjoy beautiful AZ.   


 These coffee cans contain my paint thinner. 

A screen door lets the fresh air in and the bugs out.  Looks like my thesis is being worked on!  I better get back to it.

3 comments:

Barb Makela said...

Controlled chaos!

Maaret said...

Your studio is just great!

Matt said...

Nice! Looks much improved since I last saw it. Get to work on that thesis now.