Sunday, August 7, 2011

Trip to the Northwest

My wife and I traveled to the Northwest for our annual visit to see her family and enjoy some cooler weather. We spent our quick week picking berries, hiking in the woods near my in-laws place, a day trip to the beach, and a day trip to Mt. Rainier. The week flew by as we enjoyed visiting with family and friends we haven't seen for a while. My Father-in-law helped me build a paint box for plein air painting (I will share a pic of it soon).

Mosquito Creek - Longview, WA

Mosquito Creek

Mosquito Creek

Mosquito Creek

Mosquito Creek

Mosquito Creek

Cannon Beach, Oregon




Ecolo State Park, Oregon

Ecola

Spray Park Trail, Mt. Rainier





300 ft Waterfall at Spray Park, Mt. Rainier


Clouds obscured the mountain from a clear view, still lots of snow up there, probably 5 ft drifts at 6200' elevation

Lush forests along Spray Park Trail

No comments: