Sunday, April 10, 2011

Aspen Creek Trail (Winter's last revenge)

This latest storm brought snow to the Prescott area, but we couldn't just sit on our duffs this weekend. I have free time on my hands! I have about another week of waiting for feedback on my thesis draft. Instead of stressing about how my reviewer may not like my writing, we just had to get outside (even if our warm spring weather was put on hold for a few days). We drove west on Copper Basin Road to the Aspen Creek Trail #48. The weather was warm enough, but the trail was squishy and slushy with snow. The trees pelted us with snowballs as we passed underneath.   After about a mile a panoramic view of the Bradshaw Mountains opens up.   A nice day to be out even if it meant getting a little wet.  Here in Arizona, I am happy to get any kind of moisture, especially if we have dry weather from now until Monsoon season.

Spring and winter blending



Moss on the North facing branches of this Alligator Juniper

Baby Ferns

Manzanita

The Bradshaw Mountains

1 comment:

Susan D-L said...

Great shots! Especially like the manzanita close-up. Beautiful textures.