Monday, November 7, 2011

A Couple of New Oil Paintings

Now that the weather is so chilly, my oil paintings are taking quite a bit longer to dry. These two paintings were completed about a month ago. The first one was painted on site at West Fork, also known as Plein Aire painting. I used a palette knife for the entire painting. The second one is a forest scene off of Senator Highway, "Oak and Aspen" will be it's title. I am not entirely thrilled by it for some reason although the colors are pleasant and pretty. I will stare at it for a while longer or just move on to painting other subjects. With this freezing weather, going into my studio is not so exciting. I use space heaters to warm up the studio, but I need to wait at least a half hour for it to reach a comfy temp. Not too worry, I will get back in my studio next week.
9x12 oil with palette knife, "West Fork Meditation"

8x10 oil, "Oak and Aspen"

No comments: