Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Evening at Lynx Lake

A hike around Lynx Lake in the evening is gorgeous! We arrived at the South shore at 7pm, and began walking on the un-paved portion of the trail that follows the East side of the lake. My favorite spot for photos is where Lynx Creek flows into the lake, although the creek was not flowing today. The water was still and the sunlight was orange. We saw a blue heron that didn't allow me to get near enough for a photo. This is one of the best times to hike around the lake because it is so quiet, hardly anyone else was there. The trick is to not park on the North shore because the host likes to lock up the gate around 7:30. The hike around the lake is 3 miles and can take 45 minutes or up to an 1.5 hours. What are you waiting for?





I would have traded places with this fellow. I am itching to get a kayak of my own...

2 comments:

krky32 said...

Awesome pics man! Makes me homesick!

krky32 said...

Oh that's me...Kirk.